Improve your Living Room Today!
November 01 2016 | by Rug Expedition
Your living room is one of the most dwelled and beloved spaces in your home, which is why it is important to make sure to keep it pleasing to the eye!
We have gathered some easy decorating ideas to keep your Living Room looking up to date:
- Natural light is “in”: Allowing natural sunlight into your living room is a must! Studies have shown that natural light can not only brighten your room but can also help brighten your day. Take advantage of every beautiful sunny day by letting the light in. This can be a win-win for almost everybody!
- Accent with “bright colors”: Use bright colors and patterns to help accentuate a neutral space. Bright colors can add some excitement to help liven a room! Explore our site’s transitional collections for patterns that can give you some quality inspirations.
- Keep your room “open”: Cluttered rooms with furniture against the walls can make even the nicest living rooms look restrictive. Consider moving your furniture away from the walls, and re-arranging your furniture to a position towards the center of the room. This will help keep the traffic, and the flow, of a room “open.”
- Make it look “natural”: Using main colors and textures that add to a natural, earthy feeling can really help one unwind from the flashy lights and neon colors that feel like they bombard our day. Outside of living room accents, try keeping decorations simple to help maximize comfort in your living room.
- “Art” can take it over the top: Displaying well-placed art on your walls can really make your living room stand above the rest! Always remember to keep the right scale of artwork to match your room. Oversized pictures can throw the symmetry of a room “off-balance”, which could detract from the vision you may want to create. Please remember: “Simplicity is Elegance!”